Search This Blog

Thursday 13 January 2011

The Brain behind the mission..."Liz"

Well I have had 3 tasks this particular week to organise all with virtually no notice at all - and this is no.3 - I got a call yesterday night whilst I was at work 'inviting' me to do a 'guest blog' for Graham! So I thought what on earth will I talk about - and this is what I have come up with.

Firstly: - I thought I would share with all Graham's readers that I am more the ideas person behind the fund raising, we had a great fundraising weekend which made a huge difference to the 'pot' with a total of £501.00 with our bottle stall and quiz evening combined - Well actually this total was in fact £301.00 and Parcelforce matched the 1st £200.00 raised - but thought I would still claim that within my total because it sounds more!!

Secondly: - our cook-a-thon raised another £43.00, we were all busy cooking away when I tried to discreetly glance over at all my donations raised and there was a grand total of £6.00!!  I thought 'oh heck' how will I tell Graham I never did too well with this one!!!
Fortunately, I was rescued by a good friend who asked me to make a speech - and being quite unprepared for such a thing - I invited everybody to put there coins in if they would like to, I am more than happy to leave this kind of thing to Graham, but unfortunately he was still busy being innoculated at the surgery - so my good friend Catriona gave me a look of disgust for my complete lack of public speaking skills and took the job on herself - and very quickly the 'pot' got bigger!

Next I recieve a phone call in the middle of the afternoon informing me the newspaper are coming to take pictures in the evening; yep! no problem, and this was duly completed without mishap, Only on buying the paper the next day Sams' facial expression makes him look like the most hyper-active kid in Britian!

Whilst this used to be close to the truth at times he has certainly calmed down with age (he's all of 8!) and he has landed me in loads of trouble in the past, like the time he we'ed from a great height into someones dinner (god knows how she knew he was my son!) but we had to leave this particular ball park in a great hurry!
Or the time he sneeked the water squirter out in the middle of winter instead of the middle of summer and started aiming with great precision at the new neighbours even before they had unloaded their car! Those episodes are in the past and I have to say make fantastic memories - though i'm not sure I would have thought so at the time!!

Finally; - I would love it if you very kind readers of this 'blog' could just nip over to the just giving page and give a few of your coins to make our fund raising for this fabulous charity just that bit bigger - and you don't need to show just how much you have donated by using the hide button if you don't wish too. In the process help me show Graham and everyone involved that I am getting good at this fundraising! All children with this condition really do deserve choice and there parents do a fabulous job.  In Northamptonshire we;re lucky to have a charity like Autism Concern to really help families achieve all these things!

Liz x

Guest Blogger Liz...good at writing, but not great at uploading pictures, so that pleasure was mine...I thought I would share a few that show off just how much fun she is to be around!!  No wonder Sam is doing so well :-)




2 comments:

  1. Good job you're better at writing than speaches!

    How about a sponsored throw a pot session. Each person pays for a lump of clay (a couple of quid) and has a go at throwing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous idea....shame you are both rubbish at spelling!!

    ReplyDelete