Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Mr Wii & Chinese Lyn...

Mr Wii is now extremely happy with me.  There is a certain excitement in standing on and waiting to see just how much he balloons up.  It's a very visual, so there is no escaping it, one second your pencil thin, then next, whoosh, suddenly you're an angry puffer fish!!

I'm enjoying step aerobics, jogging on the spot, watching mini me scramble around the countryside chasing other mini replicas of the family and the odd dog.  I'm over the embarrassment of hula hooping thin air, and my tennis is definitely improving!!...and I'm now 10lbs lighter than I was :-) 

Probably a good time to throw in another "Sam" anecdote...Sam, is also a big fan of Mr Wii...however, anger management is not something Sam does easily, so imagine it....he's a penguin, standing on an iceberg trying to catch fish as they jump out of the ocean.  Everything is going well, until the phone rings, and Liz leaves the room......the game involves standing on the Wii board, and transferring your weight either left or right to make the iceberg tip, and off Mr Penguin slides to the edge, just enough, and he catches the fish, too much and he takes a swim....

Needless to say, in just a few seconds Sam is dripping wet, and fishless!!   So SMASH!!  Sam is now battering his penguin with the Wii control.  Actually, Sam is battering the television with the Wii control.  One 32inch flat screen Samsung is now blue...not all of it...just the screen...oh, except for the big crack down the middle of it.

However......Chinese Lyn

Arrghh, tonight I came off the wagon...and we had a take-away!!  Actually, the guilt only lasted the first mouthful or so.  We had planned some pork loin & green beans, but made a schoolboy error of leaving it on the worktop for 2 minutes....time enough for Murphy to help himself to the lot!!

So, take-away it was...I didn't inhale, and in fact it was a worthwhile trip up the road.  Lynn now has a bright flyer poster on her wall, supporting my trip :-)   Happy to help, she greeted me like a long lost friend....at least I think she did...my Chinese is not too great, but she looked happy enough.

Two more in the Doctor's surgery, and one in the sports centre...it'd be nice if they do the trick, and some more sponsors chip in....Did I mention our doctor's name?  Dr Bones!!   

He could only really do one job....anyway, if you're still with me...encourage your friends to take a dip.  

1 comment:

  1. Had to wipe the tears from my eyes reading this - so funny!

    ReplyDelete