Search This Blog

Monday 6 September 2010

Numbers....

Some numbers are very important. Others?  Well they are just a number, unmemorable, unassociated, and unloved.   50 for example, half a century.  If you're Kevin Petersen you'd be delighted with 50, but if you were born in October 1960, you're probably dreading it. 

100  wow...get your letter from the Queen, or a standing ovation at Lords!

17 - learn to drive...(well, actually 20 in my case),  18 you can vote!! 

1953, the Queen's coronation, Roger Banister breaks the 4 minute mile and Edmond Hillary conquers Everest....important, and memorable!  Well tonight my number is 3.37 and 20.  (km's in 20 minutes!!) 

I'm actually amazed, 6 weeks into my training, tonight was my first run of note.  On July 27th I think I could have managed 400 meters at a push before crumpling under the pressure from heart, lungs & body to give in.  So 20 minutes at 6 minute km pace has chuffed me to bits!!  

There have been other numbers; 60 - the number of Kilometers we walked for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, in 2007.  How about 121,769 a nice big number!  This was the number of wheel turns in the 157 miles of the Coast to Coast path from Whitehaven to Sunderland.

12,000...feet, that we chucked ourselves out of a plane in March this year.

Numbers have always been important...every day, there are important one we plan for.  Birthdays, Anniversary's,  the time your alarm is set for, or the time your favourite program starts on the box. 

There are only two more numbers to mention.  The numbers I'm planning for;

£3000 - the minimum amount I would like to raise for Autism Concern.  (This is the important bit for you to help with....please follow my link & donate)

5895 meters - The height I want to be sitting at on March 25th next year.

oh....actually, there are two more numbers worth mentioning....27 - 19.  This was the score in the Northampton Saints opening game of the Rugby season, against Leicester Tigers.  Why is it important??   You'll need to keep reading...I hope I have an update to give you in the next few weeks :-)

In the mean time, please help me towards number 1 (£3000), and encourage me towards number 2, (5895 meters).   Please share my blog with your friends.  Autism Concern is hugely important for us, and for many Northamptonshire families, so your help is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment