Search This Blog

Monday 20 September 2010

If you want to get ahead, get a head......

My Auction for the weekend tickets at Silverstone, donated by the British Racing Driver's Club was a great success and I'm delighted that they have helped raise £84 towards my target of £3000 for Autism Concern. Hopefully, I will be able to twist the arms of a few more marketing directors to contribute more prizes as the next few months go by.

It's been a busy week and Mr Wii is not happy with me at all, as my training quota for the week has been just a little over nil, unless you can include 10pin bowling, and a drive to Truro & back as exercise.  Still, it could have been worse, I avoided the "so why do you think you put on weight" question, merely standing still at my now fighting weight of 12st 12.  It's very symetrical, so I'm quite pleased with it, but I know that I need to get back in the gym this week. 

Anyway, if you want to get ahead, get a head!!  So I did...courtesy of my talented sister in law.  Now I'm not really sure what to do with it.  Actually there were 5 of them lined up on her kitchen counter, scared the living daylights out of me, and I only went to put the kettle on.   

Check her out she's good !! http://www.helenbutton.com/ 

They're for an exhibition, she says....at least 3 of them were, so I decided I would nick one and try & make a little contribution to my fundraising.    Sceptical, Helen thinks I will never find a home for this.....help me prove her wrong.  If you like it, or if you have some ideas about how it could be used, leave me a comment.  If you want it?  Even better....This is an original art sculpture from the best ceramics artist I know....ok, so a little bias there....but if you want it £50 in my donations pot and it's yours. 1st come 1st served!! 

If you're close enough I'll deliver...if you happen to be the owner of a Moscow Art Gallery?  I'll deliver too :-)

Hey ho....Kilimanjaro still waits...

No comments:

Post a Comment