Search This Blog

Monday 25 October 2010

Autumn Leaves

  
I love this time of year...for just a few weeks the world develops the most fantastic colour, of reds, and oranges, purples, and yellow....what was once shades of green is now a cacophony of colour.  

Preparing for the ascent of one of the world's magnificent mountains is probably not helped by a few miles around the Batsford Arboretum, but it was such a magnificent day, and the colour so vivid, who wouldn't enjoy the walk here?  

After several weekend of walking up hills, some higher than others, it's been a time to relax a bit recently, and to enjoy some of our Northamptonshire countryside with the kids. 

My fundraising has been going well so far, and this week, I passed the £2000 mark which is fantastic, thank you to everyone who has donated so far.  Something else that's been going well so far is my relationship with Mr Wii.....yes...it's been a while since I mentioned him, but this week I also went past another milestone, which is 12'7lbs.  So far, I've lost 20lbs (about 9kgs) since the start of August, and I'm feeling better, and fitter than I have in a long time.  

There is a long way to go of course, but I think my preparation is coming on.  Mr Wii will see a lot more of me for the next few months. I'm running in the 10k at Castle Coombe in November, and of course the Wicksteed Half marathon on New Years Day.  


In the mean time, I hope the weather stays fine, and I can enjoy a few more walks through the rainbow world, that is Autumn.  Thanks again to everyone who has sponsored me so far.  If you would like to contribute, please visit my fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/graham-kennedy1 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scenery! Looks like a lovely walk. It's good to mix up those big hikes w/nice relaxing walks.

    ReplyDelete