Search This Blog

Thursday 21 October 2010

Collingtree Golf Day....

It seems like ages in the planning, but finally today I was able to host my golf day.   The weather was really kind, and the course at Collingtree Park was in excellent condition.   I have to confess that I never troubled the scorer much....I think 4 years without a game, and possibly only 10 times in the previous 2 years before that was a bit too much of a break....and no!  It's not like riding a bike...actually, it strikes me that golf is a game which needs practice. 

Anyway, who cares about the result...I did manage 3 shots in a row, which not only went straight, but also finished just 8 feet or so from the hole, and in rolled the putt for a birdie :-)) 

Golf has always been a game where the bad shots are easy to forget, and the good ones get exaggerated for weeks. 

Congratulations to my winner David Wright, who put everyone in the shade with a great score, and walked off chuffed with his £100 worth of Silverstone Vouchers.   Second prize courtesy of Ernie Els, and third prize was a signed book from Golf Commentary legend Peter Alliss.  

Huge thanks to everyone who played, and donated so generously.  Thanks also to Autism Concern trustee Bryan Dunne for his help.

No comments:

Post a Comment